Hi, I’m Joe (sometimes known as Joseph Robert Lewis, Joss Llewelyn, and Jordan Lockhart). I write books. Lots of books. Mostly fantasy and science fiction.
I like to blend history, mythology, and fantasy together to create exciting yet familiar worlds. I like to challenge tropes and stereotypes in subtle ways, to create rounder and richer heroes for my readers, and to imagine times and places that we might really want to live in or work toward. And I think a good story should be, you know, fun. Although it never hurts to learn something cool, too.
It’s also important to me to write about heroines that my daughters can respect and admire, characters who blaze their own paths with fierce personalities, bright minds, and unbreakable spirits, who live lives filled with freedom, wonder, and joy.
To make me sound like a real person: I enjoy biking and archery when the weather is nice. My favorite show is Farscape. My favorite movie might be Ghostbusters (hard to pick a fave). And I have no idea what is for dinner because I am anosmic. Look it up.
You can reach me several ways:
- Send me an email at josephrobertlewis at gmail dot com
- Subscribe to my mailing list to hear about new books by sending me an email with the subject “SUBSCRIBE“
- Leave me a comment on Facebook
- Say hi on Twitter
- Send me a message on Goodreads (not the best, I’m rarely there)
- Send me a message on LibraryThing (not the best, I’m never there)